Gig Events Guide UK provides entertainers FREE online marketing and promotion resource where you can advertise your Gigs, Concerts and Music Events in the Gig Events Guide Calendar. Looking for a musician for your band? Need a act or band for your event? Got 2nd hand musical instrument or equipment to sell? Browse or post the Musicians Classified Ads, or add your band, business or venue to the Music Business Directory.
Fans .. help to promote your favourite act or band! Register FREE to post your press release, CD or Gig review to the Gig Events Guide Reviews
Amateur to Professional Bands, Musicians, Singers, Karaoke Entertainers, Managers, Promotors & Venues - Covers & Original music acts performing any size of gig from the local school or pub to a full blown festival, can be posted for visitors to browse or search and find what is on in their area.
All kinds of music and performance related events are posted daily by members in our gig guide including acoustic events, auditions, charitable events, festivals, karaoke, music competitions, music conventions, music masterclasses, music workshops, open mic and jam nights.
Many types of venue are included on our database from concert halls, public houses, wine bars, restaurants, community centres to theatres. In fact anywhere in the UK that organises or hosts live music or music and performance related events are welcome to add their details and advertise their events free online!
Register FREE to access all features! Further instructions on registering and adding events, check out the HELP / FAQ.
Online since 1998 as a subsiduary of Electric Blues Club, we were the first site to provide information and free gig, event listing services for Amateur, Semi Professional and Professional entertainers of all types in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
If you would like to include your events, please use the contact form to request a free account. Note that we do not have the staff to add events for you and please do not use a HOTMAIL address as these are often blocked or fail to accept the confirmation email containing the account activation link!
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Solid Entertainments is delighted to announce that South Yorkshire Folk, Roots & World Music Festival, will be taking place at The Leopard on Sunday 18th September 2016
As our first festival of this kind in South Yorkshire, we wanted to showcase the quality of live music in the UK and present a line-up of established and emerging artists with “something for every taste”! We think we have achieved this and with 7 acts playing on the Indoor Acoustic Stage and 6 acts on the Outdoor Marquee Stage; this is arguably the best value for money festival in the UK and taking account of who’s playing………….most certainly, one not to miss!
The line-up and running order on the Indoor Acoustic Stage is as follows:
- Edwina Hayes – beautifully written songs, charming stage presence and voice of an angel have won her a reputation as a true natural talent of gentle folk-Americana!
- Lucy Marshall – her eclectic mix of covers and original material was first brought to people’s attention when she started performing at only 15, just five years ago!
- Chris Cleverley – able to draw audiences to the edge of their seats with hauntingly delivered tales of ghost women, lonesome clock towers, lovelorn mariners and hospital beds!
- Merlins Keep – a five-piece Celtic Folk Rock band originating from Grimsby, described as being a ‘rustic Mamas & Papas with a social conscience’ and also as ‘uplifting and inclusive’!
- Strummin’ Steve Jackson – musical anorak armed with a Martin guitar & a four stringed strummer, also a member of county barn dance bands Ploughmens Bunch & The Delta Dogs!
- Roger Davies – special guest on Fairport Convention’s tour earlier this year, he’s now following in the footsteps of his musical heroes and establishing himself as a songwriter of renown!
- Itchy Fingers – coming together with a love of Americana, they play Ragtime, Piedmont- Blues, and Western Swing, using Guitar, Mandolin, Harmonica, Washboard and Stand-up Bass!
The acts playing on the Outdoor Marquee Stage in running order are:
- Madison Violet – inﬂuenced by pop, dance and folk, the duo have managed to blur the lines of musical genres seamlessly with their new batch of infectious songs and stunning harmonies!
- Band From County Hell – an original celtic folk band with 6 critically acclaimed albums, published works with Cherry Red Records and over 2000 live performances as part of their history!
- Said The Maiden – sing traditional songs from around the UK and America, often in three part acapella harmony, also using guitar, violin, mandolin, woodwind, accordion and percussion!
- Ric Sanders Trio – Ric has been the fiddle player in Fairport Convention since 1985 and with their close history, it was inevitable that these three pals would reconnect and play together!
- Gilmore & Roberts – are a folk/acoustic duo that combine award-winning song writing song writing, astounding musicianship and trademark harmonies, to create a very powerful sound!
- Polly And The Billets Doux – a genre-defying quartet known for their energy-filled live performances and genius blend of Folk, Pop, Rock N’ Roll, Soul, Country, Blues and even Gospel!
Not forgetting the range of foods available, selection of real ale/ciders and other beverages, there is no doubt that this will be a great days entertainment and memorable day in South Yorkshire
Don’t miss out on South Yorkshire Folk, Roots & World Music Festival on Sunday 18th September
The festival will take place at The Leopard, 2 West St, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN1 3AA
Early Bird Tickets are only £19 (for a limited period) and to book, please call 01472 349 222 or go online at http://www.southyorkshirefolkfestival.co.uk/tickets.html
To find out more about the line up and festival in general, please visit http://www.southyorkshirefolkfestival.co.uk/index.html
Don’t be late, doors open at 1.30 p.m and the music starts at 2.00 p.m. and ends at 10.00 p.m.
When this news gets out, it will undoubtedly excite festival connoisseurs, live music lovers and aspiring musicians throughout the UK!
Solid Entertainments is delighted to announce that Ilfracombe Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival 3 will be taking place at the John Fowler Holiday Park on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 11th, 12th, 13th November!
Following the great success of last years festival, this years line-up had to be even more special and with the mighty King King, Dr Feelgood and Royal Southern Brotherhood headlining, plus an awesome mix of 16 other renowned and cutting edge artists; we believe this will be a great festival and one weekend not to miss!
The full line-up over the three days is as follows:
Stray – Terry Reid – Giles Robson – Husky Tones – The Voodoo Sheiks – The Black Circles
Royal Southern Brotherhood – Laurence Jones – Edgar Broughton – The Kris Barras Band – Yoka And The Sugarbeats – Dr Blue
King King – Dr Feelgood – Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado – The Tom Seals Band – Jamie Williams & The Roots Collective – Elles Bailey – Amy Eftekhari
When this calibre of artist get together, festival goers can expect to see top class live performances and hear a range of incredible sounds, with sets that incorporate a creative blend of Blues, Rhythm & Rock………..and more!
Don’t miss out on Ilfracombe Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival 3 on 11th, 12th and 13th November
The festival will take place in North Devon’s largest entertainment venue, The Exmoor Club, at the John Fowler Holiday Park, Marlborough Road, Ilfracombe, Devon EX34 8PF
Advance three day Early Bird tickets, that includes three nights accommodation, are only £119 per person and to book, please call 01472 349 222 or go online at http://www.ilfracombebluesfestival.co.uk/tickets.html
To find out more about line up and the festival in general, please visit http://www.ilfracombebluesfestival.co.uk/index.html
Don’t be late, the music starts at 2 p.m and ends at 11.30 p.m each day