Gig Events Guide UK provides entertainers FREE online marketing and promotion resource where you can advertise your Gigs, Concerts and Music Events in the Gig Events Guide Calendar. Looking for a musician for your band? Need a act or band for your event? Got 2nd hand musical instrument or equipment to sell? Browse or post the Musicians Classified Ads, or add your band, business or venue to the Music Business Directory.
Fans .. help to promote your favourite act or band! Register FREE to post your press release, CD or Gig review to the Gig Events Guide Reviews
Amateur to Professional Bands, Musicians, Singers, Karaoke Entertainers, Managers, Promotors & Venues - Covers & Original music acts performing any size of gig from the local school or pub to a full blown festival, can be posted for visitors to browse or search and find what is on in their area.
All kinds of music and performance related events are posted daily by members in our gig guide including acoustic events, auditions, charitable events, festivals, karaoke, music competitions, music conventions, music masterclasses, music workshops, open mic and jam nights.
Many types of venue are included on our database from concert halls, public houses, wine bars, restaurants, community centres to theatres. In fact anywhere in the UK that organises or hosts live music or music and performance related events are welcome to add their details and advertise their events free online!
Register FREE to access all features! Further instructions on registering and adding events, check out the HELP / FAQ.
Online since 1998 as a subsiduary of Electric Blues Club, we were the first site to provide information and free gig, event listing services for Amateur, Semi Professional and Professional entertainers of all types in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
If you would like to include your events, please use the contact form to request a free account. Note that we do not have the staff to add events for you and please do not use a HOTMAIL address as these are often blocked or fail to accept the confirmation email containing the account activation link!
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Zoe & Rebecca; known when they rarely get together, as the “Blues Sisters”!
Great news for blues-rock fans, live music lovers and aspiring musicians in Hampshire; both bands will be playing at The Concorde on Friday 27th January……. guaranteed to be a great night and one show not to miss!
Zoe Schwarz Blue Commotion is a dynamic, distinctive award-winning band. The band mix Zoe’s striking vocals with ever important original material, breathtaking guitar and evocative Hammond-organ all knitted together by top-line drummer Paul Robinson
Over the last four years, Zoë and the band have been on the ascension in the British Blues Scene; producing five well received and widely broadcast albums (6 plays on the BBC Radio 2 Paul Jones show), and picking up a series of awards including Runner-Up in both Best Band and Best Female Vocals at the British Blues Awards for 2 years running
Their exciting live set features strong catchy riffs, interesting arrangements and exciting grooves, providing the perfect vehicle for Zoë’s biting, passionate and commanding vocal style
Rebecca Downes Band deliver powerful, soulful, original Blues/Rock with passion and energy. Take a really hot, tight R’n’B band forged from incredibly talented musicians and front it with Rebecca Downes and the effect is an explosion of Soul tinged Blues from the days when R’n’B rocked the world
Birmingham-based Rebecca and her band is a ‘must see’ live act who recently triumphed at the Colne International Blues Festival. With her co-writer Steve Birkett she’s produced ‘Believe’, the best album of her career. Produced by Mark Viner Stuart (Magnum) it mirrors what the press called “Blues, soul, jazz and rock blended to perfection” and has led to 3 singles being played on BBC Radio 2. Rebecca was voted best female vocalist in this years British Blues Awards, with best song for ‘Believe’
Words alone cannot convey the special sound of these artists and the only way to truly experience this is by seeing them live. Having said this, you can get a feel for what’s in store, by having a look and listen to a couple of video tracks on YouTube, Zoe Schwarz Blue Commotion “The Beatitudes” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTncZno9J5E&feature=youtu.be and Rebecca Downes Band “Believe” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2rxr7ADwAs ……………..blues rock has never sounded………….or looked so good for that matter!!
Don’t miss out on seeing Zoe Schwarz Blue Commotion & Rebecca Downes Band at The Concorde on Friday 27th January!
The venue is located at The Old Schoolhouse, Stoneham Lane, Eastleigh, Southampton, Hampshire, SO50 9HQ
Advance tickets are only £10.00 (Members) £13.00 (Non Members) £38.00 (Members dining + ticket) £41.00 (Non Members dining + ticket) and can be booked by calling 023 8061 3989 or online at https://www.theconcordeclub.com/events/zoe-schwarz-rebecca-downes-january-2017/
To see, hear and find out more about these ladies and where else they are playing in the UK, please check out http://www.bluecommotion.com and http://www.rebeccadownes.com
Don’t be late, doors open at 7.00 p.m. (Rebecca is on stage at 9.00 p.m – Zoe is on stage at 10.15 p.m – afterwards, a DJ and dancing until 1.00 a.m….)
We are delighted to announce that our brand new album “Off By Heart” will be released on the 19th January! We’ll also be doing a handful of very special gigs starting with a return to the very first town we played together in, back in 1999…
12th January – Foxlowe Arts Centre, Stockwell St, Leek ST13 6AD
7:30 doors. 8pm start £10
15th January – Joe Broughton Fiddle School, Birmingham. A day of workshops and a short performance All fiddle players and guitarists welcome, details here: http://www.joebroughton.com/fiddle-school
20th January – Bristol Folkhouse 40a Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JG
£12.50 on the door £10.50 in advance 8pm (Doors 7:30pm)
21st January – Stanley Halls, 12 South Norwood Hill, London SE25 6AB
Doors Open at 7:00pm Starts at 8:00PM http://www.stanleyhalls.org.uk/events/categories/music/
22nd January – The Sunny Sailor, 1 Fullbridge, Maldon, Essex, CM9 4LE
Date: Sun 22 Jan 2017
Time: 7.30pm (doors 7pm)
Ticket Price: £15
Tickets will be sold at Maldon TIC (Tourist Info Centre) 01621 856503 or on-line www.mactheatre.org.uk
Soul Funk Jazz Music Festival
Live from the USA
FATBACK BAND – Live in Concert Sunday 28th August 2016
From the UK
New Street Adventure Live Saturday 27th August 2016
Hannah White Live Sunday 28th August 2016
NICKY HOLLOWAY ~ CHRIS BROWN ~ SEAN FRENCH ~ TONY FERNANDEZ ~ GINGER TONY ~ VIVY BEE ~ PAUL MORRISSEY ~ DARRELL STEAMEN ~ JAMIE TAYLOR ~ FITZROY Da BUZZBOY ~ ANDY COLES ~ CHRISTIAN MCCLEAN – MARIE GARCCIO – GEOFF ALLMAN – MARK WHIFFIN – GARY SPENCE – JULIE PRINCE ~ CHRIS D SMITH ~ GAYLE LAWLESS DUMONT ~ MARK ‘Spit’ FENTON
See website for tickets and information – campsoulfestival.com
Solid Entertainments is delighted to announce that South Yorkshire Folk, Roots & World Music Festival, will be taking place at The Leopard on Sunday 18th September 2016
As our first festival of this kind in South Yorkshire, we wanted to showcase the quality of live music in the UK and present a line-up of established and emerging artists with “something for every taste”! We think we have achieved this and with 7 acts playing on the Indoor Acoustic Stage and 6 acts on the Outdoor Marquee Stage; this is arguably the best value for money festival in the UK and taking account of who’s playing………….most certainly, one not to miss!
The line-up and running order on the Indoor Acoustic Stage is as follows:
- Edwina Hayes – beautifully written songs, charming stage presence and voice of an angel have won her a reputation as a true natural talent of gentle folk-Americana!
- Lucy Marshall – her eclectic mix of covers and original material was first brought to people’s attention when she started performing at only 15, just five years ago!
- Chris Cleverley – able to draw audiences to the edge of their seats with hauntingly delivered tales of ghost women, lonesome clock towers, lovelorn mariners and hospital beds!
- Merlins Keep – a five-piece Celtic Folk Rock band originating from Grimsby, described as being a ‘rustic Mamas & Papas with a social conscience’ and also as ‘uplifting and inclusive’!
- Strummin’ Steve Jackson – musical anorak armed with a Martin guitar & a four stringed strummer, also a member of county barn dance bands Ploughmens Bunch & The Delta Dogs!
- Roger Davies – special guest on Fairport Convention’s tour earlier this year, he’s now following in the footsteps of his musical heroes and establishing himself as a songwriter of renown!
- Itchy Fingers – coming together with a love of Americana, they play Ragtime, Piedmont- Blues, and Western Swing, using Guitar, Mandolin, Harmonica, Washboard and Stand-up Bass!
The acts playing on the Outdoor Marquee Stage in running order are:
- Madison Violet – inﬂuenced by pop, dance and folk, the duo have managed to blur the lines of musical genres seamlessly with their new batch of infectious songs and stunning harmonies!
- Band From County Hell – an original celtic folk band with 6 critically acclaimed albums, published works with Cherry Red Records and over 2000 live performances as part of their history!
- Said The Maiden – sing traditional songs from around the UK and America, often in three part acapella harmony, also using guitar, violin, mandolin, woodwind, accordion and percussion!
- Ric Sanders Trio – Ric has been the fiddle player in Fairport Convention since 1985 and with their close history, it was inevitable that these three pals would reconnect and play together!
- Gilmore & Roberts – are a folk/acoustic duo that combine award-winning song writing song writing, astounding musicianship and trademark harmonies, to create a very powerful sound!
- Polly And The Billets Doux – a genre-defying quartet known for their energy-filled live performances and genius blend of Folk, Pop, Rock N’ Roll, Soul, Country, Blues and even Gospel!
Not forgetting the range of foods available, selection of real ale/ciders and other beverages, there is no doubt that this will be a great days entertainment and memorable day in South Yorkshire
Don’t miss out on South Yorkshire Folk, Roots & World Music Festival on Sunday 18th September
The festival will take place at The Leopard, 2 West St, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN1 3AA
Early Bird Tickets are only £19 (for a limited period) and to book, please call 01472 349 222 or go online at http://www.southyorkshirefolkfestival.co.uk/tickets.html
To find out more about the line up and festival in general, please visit http://www.southyorkshirefolkfestival.co.uk/index.html
Don’t be late, doors open at 1.30 p.m and the music starts at 2.00 p.m. and ends at 10.00 p.m.